Wednesday, June 20, 2012

3

I just put my 3-year-old to bed for the last time.  In the morning, she'll be a 4-year-old.  Bittersweet.

Three seems to get a bad rap.  I think I've mentioned on here before than when working with other people's kids, I have found 3 to be one of my favorite ages.  Numerous friends assured me that it would be different when it was my own child being ridiculously stubborn and emotionally (and physically) out of control.  And we definitely had plenty of awful 3-year-old moments.  Becca is not a mellow kid.  :)  But 3 has also been, by far, the most entertaining age.  Her little mind is so busy making connections, and you never know what she is going to pop out with next.  For example, on the way home today, she said, "When boys come to my house, I'm going to punch them."  What what?  She's a trip.  If I'm wearing black, she pretends that I'm Ursula (of Little Mermaid fame) and runs away.  Obnoxious, yes.  Hilarious, yes (for a while).  Tonight after John got her out of the bath, she ran around the house naked and hid in the pantry.  Dripping wet.  Crazy kid.

Anyhow, Becca's third year has been a good one for us.  She's done pretty well health-wise, she's made a LOT of progress on eating, she's grown fairly well, she's made progress in school, and she'd getting close to being fully pee-potty trained (not so much with the poop).  Considering where we were 4 years ago, praying for a few wonderful minutes with our sweet girl, I'll take every single one of the 2,101,290 minutes she's been in this world...even the obnoxious ones.

Some recent shots of 3 in all its glory...

Sleeping in her humongous big girl bed, passed down from another Rebecca at church!

Modelling her Big Sister shirt she made with Miss Becca

Tinker Becca

Ready to swim!

Strawberry pickin' with Grandma
First braid!  Her hair is finally long enough!

Becca and Daddy pretending to be Lady and the Tramp.  That's amore!


4 comments:

  1. Such a sweet girl:) Becca is such a big girl now! Happy Birthday Becca Marie!!!!! Love Ya'll!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a cutie! You are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your sweet miracle girl! I found your blog...I can't even remember how, but I'm glad I did. We too had a miracle baby...she weighed 1 pound 1 oz and was born at 25 weeks. She is now 17 months and has done amazing. Two days before our little girl was born, I went in for a routine ultrasound (I have fibroids in my uterus) expecting to go on home. My pregnancy had been super easy up til then...never sick or anything. But our doctor wouldn't let us go home and admitted me right then and there. They didn't know that I had pre-eclampsia until a day later. I was able to get the steroids and 48 hours later, our baby was born. I guess I'm telling you all this because it sounds kind of similar to your experience. We want to have more children, but I am scared to death. I know it is possible to have a full term pregnancy or close to it but still I'm nervous of the unknown. Do you have any advice of how you overcame your doubts and fears? Thank you... Tara

    ReplyDelete

Background