Friday, August 19, 2011

Stuff I Hear a Lot

* What you DOing?
*  Mommy, hodjooooooo!
*  Where ___ go?
*  What's ___ doing?  (And often the ____ is something inanimate, making for some awkward answers.  Ummm...the couch is sitting there?  Your food is waiting for you to eat it?)
*  Hep me!
*  I no want to ____.
*  Where Dam?  (Where's Graham - see Tiny Dancer post)
*  Where we going?
*  Hodjooooo!  (in the car)
*  I no yike ____ .
*  Wader bottle!  Wader bottle!  I need wader bottle!
*  I'ma pick!  (I'm gonna pick!)
*  I need wipe my hands!
*  (If a take a split second to respond to the above statement) Wipe my haaaaaaaands!
*  Dere's da chuch!  (Not that we're there much or anything.)
*  I'm a pincess!  You a pincess, too?  (Only if we are wearing dresses, but every time we wear dresses.)
*  I do bayet!  
*  No, Busser!  No, Sasa!
*  You BAD!  (My least favorite thing to hear.  I leaves me wondering where she learned it.  I'm guessing it was something the kids at school started doing especially since she thinks it's hilarious.)
*  I needa time-out!  (And she's usually right.)
*  Wing around da rosies?
* SCIENCE KID IN DA HO-USE!
And, of course, my favorite * I yub you!

3 comments:

  1. She's adorable. But you have to translate hodjoooooo for me. That's a new preschool-ism for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Becca-speak for "Hold you" (which really means "hold me")

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Naomi says "Hold you" too!! Cutest phrase EVER!!

    ReplyDelete

Background