Monday, August 22, 2011

Stuff I Hear A Lot Addendum

Two I can't believe I forgot:

* Wassat noise? ("What's that noise?" which is not exactly affirming when the "noise" in question is Mommy's singing.)
* Wha happened? (If she gets hurt, if she trips, if she drops something, etc. I think it stems from her lack of bodily awareness - all of a sudden she's on the floor, and she doesn't know how she got there - and it's really adorable, even when she says it through tears.)

And, by request, the translation of "Hodjoooooo!" is, "Hold you!" which actually means, "Hold me!"

1 comment:

  1. I understood the "hodjooo!" That's what we hear in our house too. I loved all these (the original and the addendum).

    Kate asked "what's that noise?" on Saturday, and when I told her it was the washing machine, she proceeded to show me how SHE can make noise too. Yes, dear, I know you can make noise! Shhh!

    ReplyDelete

Background