Just wanted to give you a quick update on Nancy. Her blood pressure is elevated (150s/80s), but her labs came back normal and there is no protein in her urine (sorry for the detail). This means that, as of now, she does NOT have pre-eclampsia (yay!), but the elevated blood pressure is still worrisome. It could be the result of the steroids she is taking for her lungs, it could be a pre-cursor to pre-eclampsia, or it could be that she will just have elevated blood pressure near the end of her pregnancy.
The doctor has placed her on modified bed rest (shouldn’t work or do anything strenuous, but doesn’t actually have to stay in bed all day) at least until her pressure comes down. We will continue to monitor it closely at home and go to the doctor twice a week now for testing. If she develops pre-eclampsia or her blood pressure gets higher (into the danger zone of 160s/100s), then she’ll be admitted to the hospital and likely have a c-section soon thereafter.
So, right now, we are more or less in a holding pattern to watch and make sure she doesn’t get any worse (and hopefully even gets better!).
Thanks for all the prayers and support!